So after a day playing hooky between waiting on my car (which, as it turned out by the time the shop was actually able to look at it, just needed a new battery which came as exactly zero surprise to me) and my work Christmas party last night, we have a number of things coming out before bedtime tonight.
The things that I know I have as of this writing:
- Westside Kiwanis. Brackets to post (POSTED), story to write (which I will need to do, with a plethora of quotes from my student journalist) and awaiting photos from our second student journalist. Hopefully those will come over today.
- Capital City Classic. Brackets to post (POSTED), story to write (I have quotes and photos from my student journalist).
- A note on the articles for both Kiwanis and Capital City: I will be doing a lot of “off-line” writing of these articles from 5:30-8 or so, and hopefully will be able, upon my return home around 9, to post those. I would not expect these before 9 p.m. if I’m looking for them.
- Yulee at Deltona Duals. Might be the first thing written up today as all duals are in hand and the article will be the easiest to complete, because I don’t have any additional content that I have to incorporate into the article other than what is out there (THIS IS COMPLETED AND POSTED).
- Ft Walton Beach at Swede Umbach Invitational. Might be next after Deltona and first on the Northwest side because again, all results are immediately available. Brackets will be put together on Monday, but the article should come out today on the Northwest side (STORY IS POSTED).
- Day 2, Kevin Beverly, at MS National Holiday Duals in Virginia Beach. This might be the second Northeast piece I write (POSTED).
- Neptune Duals from Fletcher. I have or know how to get all of the duals. I have to create the boxes for each round and write the story (a line is out to Coach Harrison for quotes on the Senators’ 5-0 day).
- Gainesville at Hagerty Duals (box scores received; will coordinate on the overall event numbers with the Sentinel).
The things that I have that are either mostly complete or partially so:
- Fultondale Duals. I have, at the immediate moment, results from 1 of the 3 competing teams (Wewahitchka). This is an article that could be started today (THE START OF IT HAS BEEN POSTED), and then be updated as the other two teams come in (Tate & North Bay Haven).
The things that I do not have and will be actively chasing Monday if I still don’t have them by then:
- Freedom v. Flagler Palm Coast dual from Friday.
- Gulf Breeze at Daphne ALA Duals. When I get a look round, I may be able to move this to partially complete status, because many — if not all — Alabama teams report to Trackwrestling.
I have already sent Kiwanis brackets onward to Brant Parsons and will be sending Capital City ones this afternoon. Plus my duals content once it has been put together. There’s a LOT to do. No #NextLevel work until at least Monday, at this point. I look forward to tackling it all.