I don’t run partial results, particularly when an area team hosts. I try to make clear my expectations, and if I happen not to make them clear directly, there are three-plus years’ worth of data to show what I do and don’t run. I don’t run scorelists. That’s not how the sport is covered up north, and it’s not the way I cover the sport here.
Therefore, there are still three events from the previous weekend — not the one that concluded yesterday — that still have stuff out and have gone unreported up to now. I thought you should know which events they are. In all three cases, I have been told multiple times that I will receive results, and in all three cases I still haven’t. I have typed-up stuff, just waiting to roll out, pending the missing items.
On the Northeast side, there’s:
- Flagler Duals. This was a two-day event on January 13-14. I need 10 dual results from the host. Once I get those 10, I can publish the rest. I have typed up every other result — covering 12 other teams — thus far. They are simply awaiting publication once I get the missing 10. They won’t be published until the missing 10 are.
- Commander Duals. Held on Saturday, January 14, this was a six-team event at Ed White. I have received two teams’ complete results, and need all of the rest. I have nine of the 15 duals received.
- From last weekend, I do not have anything from Ridgeview’s weekend at Palm Bay, either the duals from Friday or the IBT portion wrestled Saturday. I also am missing one of the duals from the St Johns River Conference tournament, which again has 1A and 2A significance. When I get that one, I can publish the other 35 I have already spent hours typing up.
On the Northwest side, there’s:
- Max-Fit Duals at Pace. I have Gulf Breeze and Pace’s duals (7 of the 10 contested on January 13-14). I am missing Crestview v. Milton, Crestview v. South Walton and Milton v. South Walton. I suppose it’s possible, and the three coaches have been notified, that they could send those in themselves, but I feel if you host an event, you should have all the results from it, and can send them all in.
- From last weekend, I am missing results from the Syrupmaker Invitational in Georgia, at which Leon attended. Once brackets are sent over to the Lions, I’ll probably get them.
Guys, results drive these sites. Personalities don’t drive them and I certainly don’t drive them. I have no opinions about the sport — other than perhaps how state duals are being handled — that you would care to read about or listen to. I have never wrestled competitively.
Results drive the sites. When there are results, there can be content written up. Without results, there is no site. If this site isn’t something that is worth your time, then you should let me know, and maybe — with all of these missing results — you already have. If you disagree with that conclusion, and you know how to get in touch with these coaches who hosted, by all means reach out to them. I’ve tried as often as I reasonably can.