Happy to be in a space — while waiting for last night’s results — where I have the chance to (at long last) catch up on record-keeping, which is a much-needed thing prior to writing 10 district previews that should be starting to roll out the Tuesday of District Week.
Here’s what I’ve been able to complete so far for the one Northeast team in 1A-2 and the teams in 1A-3, with things that are still holes in the records for me, at least as far as what is on each team’s Trackwrestling schedule.
Please note: Coaches (or tournament hosts) in the case of missing results for these teams have been contacted — unfortunately, because I’m terrible with handwritten notes — one I have to reach back out to. Will be moving to 1A-4 later this morning.
SHOULD YOU HAVE a situation where you know you have a gap in results — a review of our 2016-17 Local schedule page may point out those gaps — and have the ability to close that gap, let’s do so before we get to your district.
Next year, results gaps will be handled in a much more iron-fisted situation. Gaps in results hurt the overall quality of the site. In this day and age, when scoresheets can be photo’d and sent to me instantly via phone, that’s unacceptable.
Here’s the 1A-3 list (with Suwannee added in from 1A-2):
- Suwannee. All results in hand.
- Baker County. All results in hand (with perhaps one exception, see Raines below).
- Bishop Snyder. Missing duals against Bartram Trail/Ed White/Seabreeze from Ed White’s Commander Duals, I’ve been told host school administration has all scoresheets…somewhere.
- Clay. Host at Somerset Scuffle did not provide full results. Need at least a win/loss record for each wrestler at the Scuffle.
- Fernandina Beach. All results in hand (with perhaps one exception, see Raines below).
- Raines. Need fifth-place matches from last weekend’s 5 Star Invitational. Also, Raines coach gave me win/loss records from Somerset Scuffle, but those handwritten notes have vanished on me.
- West Nassau. All results in hand, with perhaps the fifth-place 5 Star exception.
- Westside. All results in hand, with perhaps the fifth-place 5 Star exception.
- Yulee. All results in hand, with perhaps the fifth-place 5 Star exception.